Information Updated 24/05/2013
Laverton to roadhouse - open to all vehicles, areas very heavily corrugated. Roadhouse to Warburton - open to all vehicles. Heavily corrugated to Laverton boundary, and then in excellent condition to Warburton. Warburton to the NT border is in excellent condition. NT Border to Kata Tjuta, with care, areas of corrugations and water on road.
Sunny 8 - 24
Our current fuel prices are as follows:
- Diesel - $2.30 per litre
- Opal* - $2.35 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here
To enter the Ngaanyatjarra Lands visitors require an entry permit. It is also necessary to have a transit permit when travelling through the Lands by road.
The application process is simple and free. You can download a permit information and application pack (PDF format) by clicking here
NEW! - Message Board
Have you got a question or a comment about The Tjukayirla Roadhouse? Why not leave a message on our brand new message board? We'd love to hear what you thought of your visit with us.
Welcome to Tjukayirla Roadhouse
The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located deep within the Great Victoria Desert on the Great Central Road. We are extremely pleased to offer travellers to this unique part of Australia a wide range of products and services.
We look forward to welcoming all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Road (GCR) - looking to explore a part of the world very few people have ever seen, let alone ventured across. Stop in just to say g’day, have a look at the wonderful collection of photos on the walls or to sample some of the roadhouse tucker (not to mention the best burgers in all of WA – and maybe the world!) We’re committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities, and the best food on the whole of the GCR. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
The Roadhouse is pleased to offer the following services:
- Diesel and Opal* fuel
(* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- An excellent selection of good quality food served in generous proportions. We cater for breakfast, lunch, quick snacks and evening meals (by arrangement).
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- A well stocked store offering basic food and personal items.
- A tyre repair service (new tyres also available with a good range held in stock).
- 24 hour power.
- An after-hours fuel and store opening service.
- RFDS airstrip.
- The ability to cater for large groups and bus tours (by arrangement)
- WiFi Internet hotspot
Regular Trading Hours
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (WST)
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 3:00pm (WST)
- Public Holidays, 9:00am to 12:00pm (WST)