Information Updated 12/12/2015
Laverton to roadhouse - Open - Roadhouse to Warburton Open .......... Roadhouse to NT Border - check NT road conditions website. .......... NT Border to Kata Tjuta, check NT road conditions website.
Getting warm 30-45
Our current fuel prices are as follows:
- Diesel - $2.00 per litre
- Opal* - $2.10 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here
To enter the Ngaanyatjarra Lands visitors require an entry permit. It is also necessary to have a transit permit when travelling through the Lands by road.
The application process is simple and free. You can download a permit information and application pack (PDF format) by clicking here
NEW! - Message Board
Have you got a question or a comment about The Tjukayirla Roadhouse? Why not leave a message on our brand new message board? We'd love to hear what you thought of your visit with us.
Welcome to Tjukayirla Roadhouse
The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located deep within the Great Victoria Desert on the Great Central Road. We are extremely pleased to offer travellers to this unique part of Australia a wide range of products and services.
We look forward to welcoming all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Road (GCR) - looking to explore a part of the world very few people have ever seen, let alone ventured across. Stop in just to say g’day, have a look at the wonderful collection of photos on the walls or to sample some of the roadhouse tucker (not to mention the best burgers in all of WA – and maybe the world!) We’re committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities, and the best food on the whole of the GCR. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
The Roadhouse is pleased to offer the following services:
- Diesel and Opal* fuel
(* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- An excellent selection of good quality food served in generous proportions. We cater for breakfast, lunch, quick snacks and evening meals (by arrangement).
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- A well stocked store offering basic food and personal items.
- A tyre repair service (new tyres also available with a good range held in stock).
- 24 hour power.
- An after-hours fuel and store opening service.
- RFDS airstrip.
- The ability to cater for large groups and bus tours (by arrangement)
- WiFi Internet hotspot
Regular Trading Hours
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (WST)
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 2:00pm (WST)
- Public Holidays, 9:00am to 12:00pm (WST)
Christmas / New Years Trading Hours
- Christmas Day - Closed
- Boxing Day - 8am to 6pm FOR FUEL ONLY
- New Years Day - 8am to 6pm FOR FUEL ONLY
- After Hours Call-Out Fee for Fuel on these days will apply
No Meals Available Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day
Accommodation Available - call-out fee not applicable